Professional Electrical Engineer/Technologist
|Salary||R650k - R400k|
|Education||BSc/BEng/BTech Electrical Engineering|
|Experience||5 - 10 years|
One of the world’s leading Building Services consultancies is looking to employ a Professional Electrical Engineer/Technologist in their Cape Town office
• BSc/BEng/BTech Electrical Engineering
• PrEng/PrTech with a minimum of 3 years’ experience post registration
• Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience in consulting engineering within the building services environment
Key Competencies and Skills
• Good to excellent communication skills (English) and including report writing abilities. Ability to have clear and accurate communication skills with internal and external professional teams and including clients via email, telecommunication and face-to-face meetings.
• Good knowledge of SANS10142-1&2, SANS10139, SANS10400 and SANS204 among others.
• Good knowledge of various building contracts applicable to the building services industry (i.e. JBCC,
• Fidic, NEC, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience with Autodesk BIM (Revit, Navisworks, Glue, Field, etc.) and CAD software.
• Registered (similar or equal) as an Autodesk Certified Professional: MEP Electrical (advantageous).
• Knowledge and experience with electrical software packages such as Relux and/ or Dialux, CBi and/
• or Ecodial and/or Amtech.
• Higher than average Microsoft Office package (excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc.) skills.
• Be able to work independently, take responsibility / ownership for their designs with little input, and follow up from senior management/engineers.
• High-level quality to the attention to detail when performing design reviews, for sign-off, with internal working peers and BIM team.
• Good with self and project time-management skills.
• A good knowledge of the latest technologies within the building services industry (e.g. lighting, UPS etc.).
• Self-motivated and ambitious. Ability to raise, suggest and drive to office/ internal efficiencies.
• Able to offer creative solutions to client, architectural and/or interior design requirements.
• Able to interface professionally across all levels of the professional team and with the client, think on their feet and remain calm when faced with a challenge/ confrontations. Have a pro-active attitude.
• Ability to offer input with multiple engineering disciplines in project meetings.
• Good client marketing characteristics and including external project professional team members.
• Must be a team player and be able to work independently on challenging projects that may have tight timelines
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to email@example.com; or call Roxanne/Nikita on 021 555 0432
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za