Programme and Project Management Business Unit Leader – Southern Africa
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R1.5 mil – R850k|
|Experience||10 - 15 years|
An international firm of consulting engineers is looking for a Programme and Project Management (PPM) Business Unit Leader to lead the Programme and Project Management Business Unit and to oversee complex multi-disciplinary projects within Southern Africa.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a post graduate qualification in Project Management
• 10 years’ experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment as a Project/Programme Manager overseeing complex/large projects.
• Professional Registration is a pre-requisite
• Experience working with project management methodologies and project management software.
• Understanding of financial and accounting concepts and practices.
• Business development abilities.
• Willingness to travel.
The individual is expected to demonstrate the following core competencies:
• Continuous learning attitude to developing own Skills, Knowledge and Experience.
• Planning and organising skills
• Thinking and decision making
• Commercial awareness and acumen
• Building customer/client relationships
• Communication skills
• Teamwork and leadership skills
Your role will include:
• Oversees and develops work statements, scope/priority definitions and the creation of budgets and schedules for large complex programs and projects.
• Oversees the selection of assigned personnel for projects. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as point of contact with client program management.
• Performs ongoing review of program status; timeously identify potential risks and problem areas, interpret consequences and advise on and follow up on implementation of mitigating actions.
• Ensures quality of program/project deliverables within defined and agreed upon requirements. Oversees and implements changes and adjusts as appropriate.
• Interfaces with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule.
• Determines when additional resources are needed and implements same. Identifies or gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
• Participates in discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level.
• Participates in proposal efforts and tender processes to ensure project delivery meets client needs and specifications.
• Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyzes feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
• May act outside of established processes as necessary.
• Develops and makes presentations that could lead to expanded business opportunities or new work won.
• May be involved in identifying training and development initiatives of project teams to enhance delivery of projects. May raise any performance issues and makes recommendations for actions.
• Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary. Balances program resources (people, budget, material, time) to optimize program objectives for several large, complex, global projects.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 605 3312. You can also contact Roxanne on 021 555 0432. (Visit our website for our contact details: www.staffingprojects.co.za)
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za