Project Control Specialist
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Nigeria|
|Salary||$ - $|
|Education||BS/BA in the community and/or environmental planning field|
|Experience||2 - 4 years of related experience|
An engineering company is looking for a Project Control Specialist for their petrochemical department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• BS/BA in the community and/or environmental planning field (or equivalent knowledge of 5 - 10 years directly related experience)
• 2 - 4 years of related experience
• If Senior Planner is in a specialty area, education and experience should be in the appropriate special field
• A Certificate of Registration as a planner and membership in an Institute of Certified Planners is preferred
• Proficiency in applying advanced planning techniques and knowledge of standards and practices
• This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position (The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and are not limited to those listed)
• Performs complex project planning tasks and particularly important planning work (This is at an advanced planning level in which the planner organizes and executes portions of the planning work, of a project or the section)
• The senior planner performs work of a specialized or advanced nature while working closely with other groups to ensure a coordinated activity.
• Conducts portions of the planning work within the section or on projects if supervisory oriented
• Applies advanced planning technology
• Work is carried out within broad guidelines with occasional requirements to devise new approaches
• Receives general guidance as necessary with work being reviewed for soundness of judgment and adequacy
• Work is assigned in terms of objectives, priorities, critical paths and schedules
• May undertake comprehensive research and investigations on major projects
• Makes frequent contacts with inter-organizational sections involved in the project and other agencies such as clients or subcontractors
• May act in an advisory capacity on planning or project matters
• Makes independent planning studies, reports, analyses, interpretations, and conclusions
• May have supervisory responsibility for a specialty, Engineering, or Construction progress measurement
• May plan and assign work for more junior planning professionals and technicians.
• Provides technical assistance for subordinates and assumes responsibility for their work
• Performs specific duties as assigned:
o Develop and maintain on a weekly basis the project-specific schedules through L-4
o Develop and maintain on a weekly basis the project-specific Two-Week Look-Ahead schedules
o Maintain on a weekly basis project-specific Progress Measurement
o Covers for other planners during changes in rotational
o Assist with manpower planning and development
• Quality Assurance Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU etc.
• Safety Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
We offer a competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to +27 (0) 86 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on +27 (0) 21 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za