|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Nigeria, Lagos|
|Salary||$ - $|
|Education||BSc in mechanical engineering, civil or offshore engineering|
|Experience||Have 7+ years of relevant and broad experience in any of the disciplines of pipeline, platform and subsea engineering|
An international Petrochemical company is looking for a Project Engineer.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Have an BSc in mechanical engineering, civil or offshore engineering
• Have 7+ years of relevant and broad experience in any of the disciplines of pipeline, platform and subsea engineering, preferably in non-western regions
• Have a good practical and theoretical background knowledge in the technical disciplines of pipeline, platform and subsea engineering and be familiar with current practices and codes
• Have worked in a similar position in project teams and have offshore experience
• Have the skills to write good quality reports
• Have good communicative skills, be a natural leader and work effectively with his team of engineers, clients, various departments and senior management
• Have the drive to make every project a success: technically and economically
• Responsible for all engineering activities pertaining to an offshore installation project assigned to him
• Provision of engineering support to the project manager and be his deputy
• Supervise the work of engineers in the various disciplines of pipelines, platform installation, subsea engineering and draftsmen, who have been assigned to his project
• Review and checking of the technical specifications and work scopes of contract documents for the installation of pipelines, platforms and subsea structures and determine how best to conduct the work
• Develop installation plans and determine what documents and drawings have to be produced. Review and approval of the deliverables of his team, such as study reports, work procedures, specifications, drawings and requisitions
• Review and update with the relevant staff the work schedule and project costs and take remedial action where required. Liaise with procurement on material supply, quality and expediting. Supervise the technical performance of sub-contractors
• Liaise with the client and write the project progress reports, identify and process Variation Orders
• When the project is in the offshore installation phase, provide effective engineering support to avoid delays
• Be familiar with the objectives of the company, its management practices and implement these and monitor where these can be improved
• Be familiar with safe working practices, liaise with QA and HSE departments
• Organise or take part in QA and HSE audits
Apart from a competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits, we offer attractive terms and conditions.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za