|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R700k - R500k|
|Education||Engineering degree and a Project / Construction Management qualification|
|Experience||5+ years post qualification experience in a related technical environment (See below)|
One of the world's leading international oil and gas companies is looking for a Project Engineer (Johannesburg).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Engineering degree and a Project / Construction Management qualification
• 5+ years post qualification experience in a related technical environment (See below)
• Experience in a related technical environment being, Engineering Design/Consulting /Project & Construction Management/Maintenance or Construction Operations Support
• Project Management and Engineering experience in the petroleum industry
• Computer Skills
o Basic level MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Power Point skills required
o Intermediary MS Excel and MS Project skills required
o Previous experience using an Asset Management or Maintenance Programme such as Maximo would be beneficial / is a definite advantage
• Interpersonal skills:
o Relates well at managerial and operational level to ensure that Programme Management Framework is adopted and adhered to
o Is flexible to adapt to changing demands and conditions
o The incumbent needs to be a clear thinker and have the ability to influence and persuade a very wide range of often difficult stakeholders
• Problem Solving & Analysis:
o Analyses issues and risks (based on relevant information) in a manner that promotes effective decision-making and ensures project delivery
o Ability to clearly articulate requirements and effectively translate these into project/action plans
o Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to influence internal clients and subject matter experts to deliver quality projects
o Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language suited to the various stakeholders within area of responsibility
• Provide rigorous project management of all major capital (CAPEX) projects through to the completion of the ‘Execute’ phase of the project model Capital Value Process (CVP)
• The role will cover the different functions within the Southern Africa Fuels Value Chain, namely, Logistics, Sales, Marketing and Asset Management in both South Africa and Mozambique
• The incumbent will ensure application of the Refining & Marketing (R&M) Projects Common Process (PCP), to ensure projects are executed safely, on time, within approved budget and according to the Company’s quality & HSSE requirements
• Single Point of Accountability (SPA) of managing the following Engineering & Project Management Knowledge Areas and Project Management Processes in accordance to PMI PMBOK methodology:
o Project Quality Management, Project Cost Management, Project Time Management, Project Scope Management, Project Integration Management, Project, Human Resources Management, Project Procurement Management, Project Risk Management, Project Communications Management, Project HSSE Management, Project, Stakeholder Management, Project Utility / Value Management
• Establish credibility of Programme Management to deliver capital programmes across the SPU
• Protect the Group’s reputation across the SPU through consistent service delivery, this will be achieved through active partnering with the operating teams to ensure appropriate resources are deployed and thus realise overall benefits
• Ensure teamwork required to deliver capital projects is in place
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to +27 (0) 86 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on +27 (0) 21 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects. If your company is looking for any Logistics, Mining, IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za