|Location||United Arab Emirates|
|Salary||R2mil - R1.5mil|
|Education||BEng/BSc Mechanical/Electrical Engineering|
|Experience||10 - 15 years|
A leading construction and engineering group in the UAE is looking for a Project Manager/Plant Manager to join their team in Afghanistan. This person will be responsible for EPC implementation, daily management of the plant, liaising with various stakeholders and public relation affairs related to the Power Plant.
Benefits will include accommodation, food, mobile allowance, return flights to home country.
Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University
10 – 15 years experience in power projects, with more than 5 years project management experience including, project management & execution, engineering & design, construction, commissioning and start up
Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary activities and a proven ability to work across different departments.
Your Responsibilities will include:
• Reporting to the General Management, the Project Manager will handle overall execution and management responsibilities related to the engineering, design, construction, commissioning and startup of the project.
• Manage the EPC contractors to ensure adherence to the EPC Contract, owner specifications, and regulatory requirements as well as to ensure smooth integration with other project components.
• Coordinate to resolve all design and engineering issues together with Owner’s Engineer and Lender Engineers and manage commercial and contractual issues, have overall responsibility for the Budget, Schedule, Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Safety and reporting as related to the Power Plant.
• Maintain project schedule, costs forecasts and provide field project engineering coordination with construction contractors.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the Project Engineers and the Supervisors/ Project team and manage the day to day operations of the project.
• Work with company management to successfully coordinate and integrate the overall project scope, including cost reporting, budget management, schedule, quality and safety.
• Responsible for ensuring the project team is contractually aware of their respective responsibilities, scopes of work & deliverables and ensure that they meet their goals, deliverable deadlines.
• Overall responsibility for the cost, schedule, safety, quality, risk management, engineering, construction and startup of Power Plant
• Manage other engineers and construction manager to ensure EPC contractors adherence to standards, permits, performance, quality and safety expectations
• Management and coordination of design and operational reviews and approvals in line with the project requirement.
• Manage the mapping of the progress v/s plan ensuring consistency with budgeting and planned completion or review dates.
• Develop technical standards, specifications, drawings and documents
• Manage day to day commercial and contractual issues
• Participate in the selection and negotiation of other engineering and construction contractors
• Identify, communicate and manage risk
• Responsible for project quality assurance/quality control
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org; or call Roxanne/Jade/Nikita on 021 555 0432
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za