|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R360k - R260k|
|Education||Tertiary qualification in Purchasing/Logistics Management|
|Experience||8 years' technical parts and buying experience|
Our Client is currently looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join their team. The incumbent will be responsible for managing and controlling effective purchasing and stock availability through a staff of purchasing clerks and expeditors.
- At least 8 years' technical parts and buying experience,
- Previous inventory management, warehousing and distribution experience,
- Tertiary qualification in Purchasing/Logistics Management,
- Computer literacy.
New Product Coverage:
- Identifying effective coverage in consultation with other employees,
- Working with National Parts Manager to process customer discounts.
- Scrutinising & approving ordering reports before passing to Purchasing Clerk,
- Ensure that adequate stock of fast moving parts is maintained at all branches,
- Tracking and expediting supplier orders, critical inventories and claims,
- Investigating system - ordering parameters for effectiveness,
- Conducting analysis on Lost Sales to determine overall effect of parts availability.
- Ensuring excess stock is returned on a regular basis,
- Ensuring daily cycle counts and issuing monthly overview,
- Scheduling & conducting audited and ad hoc stock counts,
- Extracting weekly Potential Stock-out Reports (POTSO) & proactively action supply issues,
- Conducting weekly stock status meetings with Logistics Director to review back-order, critical list, POTSO, branch minimum and other high profile parts issues.
- Devising parts & other related training modules, set out programme and proposed schedule of timing,
- Training parts staff within the logistics team and at branch level to ensure timeous & cost effective stock delivery,
- Ensuring that all purchasing staff are fully conversant with system processes and tools necessary to perform their functions effectively.
Order & Invoice Processing:
- Managing timeous, accurate processing of orders and supplier invoices by buyers,
- Assisting with expediting strategic stock orders when required,
- Ensuring filing & documentation is performed punctually & neatly.
Effective Supplier Relationships:
- Serving as an informal vendor education regarding company expectation on delivery performance, quality and frequency of information,
- Rationalising use of local suppliers,
- Maintaining a databank of alternative suppliers and pricing,
- Maintaining regular communication links for expediting of orders,
- Working with Logistics Director to manage & improve service levels with freight forwarders and local transport organisations.
Analysis & Reporting:
- Analysing order trends to resolve potential stocking shortages,
- Performing regular general inventory analyses (bad lines etc.),
- Analysis of key measures,
- Analysis & reporting on Category Measures,
- Managing, training & developing the purchasing staff,
- Assisting the Logistics Director with annual preparation of budgets for the purchasing division i.e. training requirements and costs,
- Assisting and relieving the Logistics Director and National Parts Manager with inventory related projects and analysis which is required from time to time.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 724 7757. You can also contact Tercia on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: logistics.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za