|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Eastern Cape|
|Salary||700- 600 K|
|Education||B.Sc. / B-Tech|
A firm of consulting engineers is seeking a Resident Engineer to be based in East London.
· BSc Civil Eng., BEng or BTech
· Registered PrEng or Pr Tech Eng.
· 10 to 15 years major road experience
·Monitor the contractors progress of projects on site and keep in contact with the clients via the PL
·Refers significant queries on design / engineering matters to the Design Engineer together with approval of materials & alternative design proposals as required.
· Ensures that design specs / other problems that may have relevance to future designs are brought to the attention of the engineer.
· Applies relevant & applicable clauses of General Conditions of Contract to the project.
· Liaises with the Contractors Site Agent with regard to all aspects of the work.
· Ensures that the Contractor and his staff understand the obligations under the OHS & Road Traffic Acts.
· Assists with Environmental Management of the Contractors work.
· Communicates with the public via the Community Liaison Officer and reports to the Engineer when necessary.
· Liaises with the relevant service providers to co-ordinate the alternative / re-location of their services
· Attends and chairs formal site meetings with Contractor and Client
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Shannon, Nicki or Thandi on 011 234 6868. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za