|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Western Cape|
|Salary||750k - 550k|
A leading firm of Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Resident Engineer in the Western Cape.
Skills, Experience & Education:
- BSC ENG, B ENG or B TECH (ENG), NAT DIPLOMA ENG
- Registered Pr Eng or Pr Tech Eng preferred
- 10 years roads experience
- Strong knowledge of Conditions of Contract and resolution of claims
- Relevant technical experience
- Contractual law experience
- Management of Site Laboratory
- OHS and Traffic Accommodation experience
- Contract administration experience
- Managerial skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Sound engineering judgement
- Drivers License and own transport essential
Key Performance Areas:
- Monitor the Contractors progress of projects on site and keep in contact with the Clients via the Project Leader.
- Refer significant queries on design/engineering matters to the Design Engineer together with approval of materials &
alternative design proposals as required.
- Ensure that design specs/other problems that may have relevance to future designs are brought to the attention of the
- Apply relevant & applicable clauses of General Conditions of Contract to the project.
- Liaise with the Contractors Site Agent with regard to all aspects of the work.
- Ensure that the Contractor and his staff understand the obligations under the OHS & Road Traffic Acts.
- Assist with Environmental Management of the Contractors work.
- Communicate with the public via the Community Liaison Officer & reports to the Engineer when necessary.
- Liaise with the relevant service providers to co-ordinate the alteration/re-location of their service.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 605 3312. You can also contact Jotham on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za