Resident Engineers x2
|Location||East London, CBD|
|Salary||R750k - R450k|
A highly reputable firm of consulting engineers requires 2 Assistant Laboratory Managers for a large Roads Project in East London
Skills, Experience & Education:
• BSC ENG, B ENG or B TECH (ENG), NAT DIPLOMA ENG
• Registered Pr Eng or Pr Tech Eng
• 7 - 10 years roads experience
• Strong knowledge of Conditions of Contract and resolution of claims
• Relevant technical experience
• Contractual law experience
• Management of Site Laboratory
• OHS and Traffic Accommodation experience
• Contract administration experience
• Managerial skills
• Excellent Communication skills
• Sound engineering judgement
• Driver’s License and own transport essential
Key Performance Areas:
• Monitor the Contractors progress of projects on site and keep in contact with the Clients via the Project Leader.
• Refer significant queries on design/engineering matters to the Design Engineer together with approval of materials & alternative design proposals as required.
• Ensure that design specs/other problems that may have relevance to future designs are brought to the attention of the Engineer.
• Apply relevant & applicable clauses of General Conditions of Contract to the project.
• Liaise with the Contractors Site Agent with regard to all aspects of the work.
• Ensure that the Contractor and his staff understand the obligations under the OHS & Road Traffic Acts.
• Assist with Environmental Management of the Contractors work.
• Communicate with the public via the Community Liaison Officer & reports to the Engineer when necessary.
• Liaise with the relevant service providers to co-ordinate the alteration/re-location of their services.
Other positions on this project include:
• 6 x Assistant Resident Engineers
• 2 x Laboratory managers
• 2 x Assistant Laboratory Managers
• 1 x CAD Technician
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 718 2241. You can also contact Roxanne on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za