|Salary||R950k - R750k|
|Education||BEng/BSc Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Mechatronics/Computer Science|
|Experience||5 - 10 years|
A leading Independent Power Producer is looking for a SCADA Engineer who will be responsible for managing the design, installation and commissioning for the SCADA Systems on renewable energy power plants.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Automation or Mechatronics.
• Minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in a medium/big-sized company, preferably with an Industrial Control Systems focus.
• Experience in a renewable energy organization will be considered an advantage.
• Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification an advantage.
• CISC, CISSO Certification an advantage.
Technical Competencies Required:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Active Directory and networking architectures, both from server and client perspectives.
• Knowledge of WAN topology and architecture solutions (i.e. MPLS, VPN IPSec, etc.)
• Good knowledge of ISO/OSI layered model.
• In-depth knowledge of IP protocols and their services at the application layer such as: RIP,RDP, FTP, HTTP, BGP, SSH and Telnet.
• Knowledge of the major IP encapsulated process control protocols: Modbus TCP, Profinet, DNP3, IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101/103/104, ICCP etc.
• Knowledge of OPC protocol versions; i.e. OPC UA, OPC DA, OPC XML, etc.
• Good knowledge of ICT security risks and vulnerabilities in an operational technology environment.
• Knowledge of ISO 2700X standards will be considered an advantage.
• Knowledge of LDAP, and related standards and protocols.
• Familiarity with high availability, business impact analysis and business continuity concepts.
• Good knowledge of ITIL service delivery framework.
• Knowledge of the standards for the Industrial Process field such as NERC CIP V3, IEC 62351,and NIST SP800-82 SP2 will be considered as an advantage.
• Knowledge of Project Management methodology and tools.
• Knowledge of Cisco, Checkpoint, and Fortigate equipment and technology, including
• Switches, Firewalls, Hyper-V, UTM devices, will be considered an advantage.
• Broad knowledge relating to ICT infrastructure; in–depth and up-to-date experience in SCADA Systems, Industrial Control Systems, Operational Technology, South African Grid Code, and others is vital.
• Demonstrated experience in leading SCADA Systems projects, architectures, systems, and processes.
• Knowledge of Energy Management Systems or Generation Management Systems and supporting architectures.
• Experience in power generation equipment or transmission grid management by means of SCADA Systems will be considered an advantage.
• Sound knowledge of the Information and Operational Technology fundamentals.
• Knowledge of Metering Systems, GPS Systems, Surveillance Systems, and Met Towers.
• SAP experience will be considered an advantage.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org; or call Roxanne/Nikita on 021 555 0432
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za