Senior Coastal Engineer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
|Salary||R1.2m - R900k|
|Education||M.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons)|
|Experience||Min 15 years|
An Exciting opportunity available for a Senior Coastal Engineer in Cape Town, to be responsible for the technical execution and delivery of coastal engineering projects, including coastal structures and marine intake/outfall design as well as coastal modelling (waves, hydrodynamics, sediment transport, water quality).
- A Masters degree in Coastal Engineering is desirable
- Registration with professional engineering association(s) such as ECSA
- Five years plus relevant experience in all facets of coastal engineering, including preparation of detailed design/tender
documentation and the engineering, planning and costing of projects.
- Experience in design of shore protection, scour protection and/marine intakes/outfalls is essenial.
- Experience in physical modelling of harbours and coastal protection structures is desirable.
- Experience in metocean field surveys planning, execution and data analysis is desirable.
- Experience with various coastal engineering related software tools such as CEDAS.
- Demonstrable knowledge of coastal engineering design standards.
- Experience with specialist modelling software (i.e. DHI MIKE, Delft-3D, SWAN, etc.) is desirable.
- Client liaison experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in preparing proposals and delivering presentations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Extensive experience with: Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with MS Project and/or other scheduling products.
- Financial management of projects and resources, including budgeting.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Kathryn, Jotham or Roxanne on 021 555 0432. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za