|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Western Cape|
|Salary||R540K - R420K per annum|
|Education||IT Related Degree/ Diploma a must as well as Grade 12 Senior certificate (Matric)|
|Experience||Min 8 years programming experience.|
Our client is looking to employ a Senior Developer to report to the IS Team Leader to be based in Cape Town. They are a leading telecoms operator, providing voice, data and collaboration services to the southern African market. The Group competes in both the business and consumer sectors. If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please read below and apply.
• IT Related Degree/ Diploma a must as well as Grade 12 Senior certificate (Matric)
• Min 8 years programming experience.
• Exposure to OO (Object Oriented development practices)
• Exposure to TDD (Test driven development)
• Exposure to DDD (Domain Driven Development)
• Exposure to SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
• Knowledge of Source Control e.g Git, SVN or TFS
• Experience in MVC 4, ORM – Nhibernate or Entity Framework, Visual Studio 2010, 2012
• Experience in Microsoft Best Practices, REST – 2 years minimum, C#.Net / VB6 / VB.Net - minimum of 4 years. ( 2 years on Framework 4.0 in .Net)
• Experience in the following would be advantageous but not necessary : WWF, SharePoint – web parts and security, TFS 2012 , SSRS, BI using SQL 2012 , MS CRM v5 or above , MS GP 11 or above
• Develop new and maintain applications, backend services, web services and database related development
• Follow Procedures, processes and admin tasks as defined by the IS department
• Contribute to the technical design of applications and integrations to ensure business requirements are properly satisfied.
• Analyse database schemas, data models, and data integration requirements.
• Interpret documented business requirements, assist in evaluating technical alternatives and develop appropriate solutions
• Help estimate the level of effort and time required for development activities.
• Assist with the development of test cases and scripts as needed and to analyse the results.
• Assist with troubleshooting and providing recommendations for remediation.
• Will be required to perform testing of functionality prior to release.
• Will be required to learn new technologies as deemed necessary.
• Will be required to produce high level designs ( e.g Class Level diagrams and Sequence diagrams)
• Actively conduct code reviews for lower levels
• Define designs and compose POC’s
• Produce technical specifications for developers
• Contribute, implement and assist with changing SDLC where appropriate
• Innovate new solutions and keep up with emerging technologies
• Assist with mentoring developers
• Will be required to put together documentation when needed ( Functional and tech designs, User Docs, Test Cases and Release Notes)
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line. Also when applying include a motivation letter of why you would be perfect for this position (including years of experience in technologies required etc.)
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za