|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R540K – R360K per annum|
|Education||BSc IT, electrical/electronic engineering with a major in IS/IT M|
|Experience||Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in .NET Development|
Our client is looking for a Senior C# / .NET Software Developer to develop custom applications for a client working on cutting edge solutions in the financial sector. The position is based in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
• BSc IT, electrical/electronic engineering with a major in IS/IT M
• Microsoft certification on .Net or SQL Server (Advantageous)
• Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in .NET Development
• Solid and broad T-SQL experience: DDL, DML, stored procedures, transactions, isolation levels, locking hints.
• Performance optimisation & troubleshooting.
• Good understanding of concurrent / multi-threaded programming principles.
• Specially identifying and resolving race conditions and locking issues.
• Ability to design and implement components to meet specific goals: e.g. performance, scalability, reliability, maintainability, security, etc.
• Good understanding of coding practices for ensuring high quality code e.g. readability, maintainability, simplicity, testability.
• Experience within finance/banking (Advantageous)
Role Specific Skills:
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts and technologies quickly.
• Ability to see big picture, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and map to implementation details.
• Multi-tasks: works on multiple concurrent projects / tasks.
• Accommodates to changing priorities and schedules.
• Communicates and interacts easily with client’s technical staff. he face of conflicting design opinions. Accept client’s decision after discussion.
• Enjoys being part of a team, but not needful of others or a high level of interaction.
• Capable of leading or managing others towards achieving goals.
• Self-managed, capable of taking initiative yet able to take advice when it’s given.
• Takes ownership of work, sets goals/plans, takes initiative, gets the work done, sense of urgency.
• Shows attention to detail, able to check/critique/review own work (low defect rate on delivered work)
• Values quality, approaches work in such a way as to reduce risk of significant failure. Does not make assumptions, asks if unsure.
• Solves problems by identifying issues, generating and evaluating realistic solutions.
• Resourceful, always finds a solution.
• Discipline: respects guidelines / best practices, but not constrained by them.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines.
• Shows commitment and is prepared to put in extra effort when required.
• Genuine interest and shows initiative in own professional development i.e. keeping up with best practices, new tools and technologies.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za