Senior Drilling Engineer
|Salary||$ - $|
|Experience||Operational experience in West Africa and offshore field experience as a Drilling Engineer/Supervisor|
An international oil and gas exploration and production company is looking for a Senior Drilling Engineer.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Operational experience in West Africa, HP experience preferred
• Offshore field experience as a Drilling Engineer/Supervisor
• Ability to fluently write and speak English (French would be a positive)
• Strong contract development and administration skills
• Ability to function in a multi-discipline team
• Exposure to start-up operations
• Ability to communicate in a corporate environment
• Lead engineer for Gabon and Cameroon exploration, delineation and development operations
• To support the Well Engineering Manager and perform drilling engineering and procedure writing in cooperation with support functions in Geneva for DST engineering, production technology, economics, finance and subsurface for drilling activities
• To identify those technologies and solutions which are most likely to determine the optimum methods of drilling these wells
• As requested by the Asset, to undertake special drilling study on specific topics. This element covers drilling feasibility study for unconventional conditions, generic Field Development Plans (or updates) as well as any drilling optimization study
• Responsible for following the APC Exploration Well Delivery Process and preparing individual Well Basis Of Design and Technical Drilling Programs
• Prepare all input to Well Proposals, ATD, Basis Of Design…in conjunction with Support Team in Geneva
• To prepare all well cost estimates and submit AFE’s as per procedure
• Prepare and issue specialist reports on drilling related aspects of operations as required
• To provide, as required by the OPCO, training on specific subject: HP Drilling, slimhole well control, hole cleaning fundamentals…
• Prepare and conduct AARs (after action reviews) and capture learnings
• In collaboration with the OPCO, prepare the final well report for exploration / appraisal wells and conduct cost variance report for the AFE cost versus actual cost
• Prepare for and coordinate DWOP as well as associated workshops and milestone meetings in accordance with Exploration Well Delivery Process Guidelines
• To develop and maintain drilling related document archives
• Provide duty cover and delegate to Well Engineering Manager as requested
• Provide input to new APC drilling policies, procedures, manuals and guidelines in accordance with corporate standards
Apart from a competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits, we offer attractive terms and conditions.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za