Senior Geotechnical Engineer
|Location||Civil Engineering Jobs in Gauteng|
|Salary||R900k – R700k|
|Education||BEng or BSc Civil Engineering|
|Experience||20 years of specialised experience in geotechnical investigations and foundation design of water retaining structures|
Job Title: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
A reputable firm of consulting engineering is looking to appoint a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in their offices in Gauteng.
• BEng or BSc Civil Engineering
• Professionally registered with ECSA as a PrEng
• 20 years of specialised experience in geotechnical investigations and foundation design of water retaining structures
• Knowledge of local soil and geological conditions as well construction practices of water retaining structures.
• Experience gained at reputable companies
• Conduct geotechnical evaluation and recommendations for the construction of water retaining structures.
• Determine design criteria and site conditions (in-situ soil classification, hydraulic conductivity, potential expansiveness, groundwater, active and passive soil pressure, total and differential settlement, design bearing capacity etc.)
• Compile a geotechnical data report (to summarise geotechnical information accumulated in the field reconnaissance, data review, field explorations, field resistivity, and laboratory testing)
• Compile a geotechnical recommendations report (to include recommendations for the Design Engineer for foundation types and materials, with a cost and feasibility analysis of each proposed foundation type)
• Submit signed off drawings and a BOQ of the approved foundation method to The Client.
Should you meet the above requirements please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org; or call Anna/Vanda/Roxanne/Mariska on 021 555 0432
Salary: R900k – R700k
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za