Senior Java Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R600K – R480K per annum|
|Education||IT Related Degree|
|Experience||Minimum 6 years development experience|
Our client is looking to employ a Senior Java Web Developer who will work within the Application Development and Support team to provide software programming for new software, production support and maintenance for existing software, and ad-hoc support for key departmental business areas, databases, applications, and tools which drive business functions. The position is based in Johannesburg and the correct candidate needs to have the following:
• IT Related Degree
• Minimum 6 years development experience
• Experience in maintaining existing applications by enhancing software and troubleshooting issues.
• You must be results oriented with the ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Incumbents must have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on project teams and/or matrix-managed teams and be able to appropriately schedule and prioritize multiple projects ensuring timely and effective delivery of IT solutions.
• Excellent working knowledge of a variety of currently used programming languages: JAVA, Web application development using J2EE technologies, Java scripting, HTML, JSP/SERVLET, OO design and development patterns
• Tools including: JSF, JPA with Hibernate, Spring, Struts, XML, Apache, Tomcat
• Expert level experience with JAVA design and development, design patterns, complete application development lifecycle
• Solid working knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Distributed Software Architecture, Web Application Architecture
• Agile methodology with continues integration tool set like JIRA, GIT, Team City, Maven
• Strong proficiency in database interfacing and relational database management systems (RDBMS such as Oracle or similar)
• Solid UNIX / Linux command level experience, Shell Scripting and build automation knowledge
• Experience in Web Services (SOAP and REST) development
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za