Senior Java Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Western Cape|
|Salary||R600K - R480K per annum|
|Education||IT Related Degree/ Diploma|
|Experience||Minimum 6 years+ experience in software development|
Our client based in Cape Town is looking to employ a Senior Java Developer. The purpose of this position is to design, build, test and document multiple software components of the Enterprise Edition product. The software developer will work as an integral part of the cross functional development team, doing everything necessary to deliver value in every product increment. The software developer is responsible for ensuring all work is of a high quality and meets the team’s definition of done. This includes, but is not limited to: unit tests, automated regression tests, code reviews, installation and data migration scripts, product documentation, and defect fixing. The software developer is also expected to reflect on current processes, offer suggestions to improve, and commit to taking action on improvements agreed by all.
• IT Related Degree/ Diploma
• A formal Sun Java certification will be an advantage
• Minimum 6 years+ experience in software development
• Good understanding of source control, versioning, branching, merging etc
• Good understanding of continuous integration, automated deployment, installation and data migration
• Good understanding of Test Driven Development, and tools to assist with unit and automated testing
• Good understanding of Coding standards, code metrics and tools to assist with development
• Understanding of how to work in an incremental fashion, and refactor design as requirements evolve
• Exposure to Scrum or other agile software development frameworks
Product Development Experience:
• Experience developing a commercial software product
• Experience on applications dealing with high transaction volumes and performance requirements
• Experience or knowledge of service-oriented architecture design concepts
• Experience or knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
• Technology Specific Experience
• Experience in J2EE, EJB3 & JPA
Experience in the following technologies:
• Sun Application Server (Glassfish) / IBM WebSphere (preferred)
• Oracle / DB2
• Subversion / Git
• Jenkins / Bamboo
• Selenium / JMeter / FitNesse / JUnit
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za