Senior Java Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||R50K - R48K|
|Education||BSc (IT Related)|
Our client is currently looking for a Java Developer.
The Java Developer will be the senior engineer on the design, development and sustaining engineering for product development projects such as mobile transactional services for leading national or international customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for application software development, maintenance and support of the application code base of an energetic, fast paced, dynamic, Sequoia* backed, mobile communications company, offering ample growth opportunities and exciting challenges.
*Sequoia played a role in the funding of YouTube, Apple, Google and other exciting companies.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Code: Focused on Java.
Databases: Must have MySQL knowledge.
Support: Support and maintenance of the existing application infrastructure.
Standby: Standby, on call and support of the application cluster.
Documentation: Author documents as required.
- Take technical responsibility in an engineering team for implementing, debugging and testing of new products, or enhancements on existing products.
- Responsible for application software development, maintenance and support of the application code base of an exciting new transnational platform.
- Take technical responsibility for sustaining the implemented features once the product is delivered to the field.
- Act as a reviewer during the peer-review process.
- Mentor the less senior members of the team.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience
• Minimum/relevant qualifications: B.Sc Eng or Comp Sci (M.Sc, PhD)
• Experience in high transactional development environments in excess of five years will be advantageous.
• Experience with Java, Object-oriented design principles, Web Services and SOA, JSP, HTML, JSF, JPA
• Experience with the ISO8583 protocol
• Good knowledge of building Java/J2EE Web applications. Must have knowledge about Web App Security, LDAP integration, etc.
• Experience working with various relational databases.
• Good understanding of using caching solutions EHCahe
• Demonstrated focus on quality (unit testing, system testing, user acceptance testing)
• Experience working with multi-tiered, multi-threaded Java applications with a focus on the data tier.
• Experience developing data access layers using ORM tools.
• Able to perform internal and external reviews of engineering process deliverables produced by other members of the team.
• Able to write high quality functional specifications and acceptance test plans and review these with the internal customer.
• Able to write top quality design specifications.
• Proven ability to interact and communicate with customers on project related issues.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za