Senior PHP Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town|
|Salary||R45K - R38K per month|
|Education||BSc (IT Related)|
Our client based in Cape Town is looking for a Senior PHP Developer.
This is a lead developer position for a Senior PHP Developer. Start with a blank page and some business goals. Define the architecture, frameworks and design patterns to use. Start coding and helping others code. Enforce the architecture. Craft a lightweight build/deploy process. Release frequently. Interact with customers. Iterate and support the product moving forward. Mentor and build the team.
Requirements for Senior PHP Developer
- 6+ years in web programming
- 3+ years working with PHP (not “experimenting”… full time coding)
- 2+ years managing and mentoring other PHP developers
- Proven ability to architect, build, maintain and scale a complete system from blank page to production
- Experience with most key frameworks from the PHP ecosystem (Zend, Cake, Yii etc)
- Experience writing plugins for PHP-based systems (WordPress, Magento, etc)
- Experience defining and implementing APIs (REST, XML-RPC, etc)
- Experience integrating distributed/disparate systems via API
- Experience scaling a system
- Solid database experience (but not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
- Hands on experience with front-end development (JQuery, JS, ExtJS, Html5, etc)
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to articulate, defend and evolve an idea
- An always-positive-but-brutally-honest attitude
- Magento, OSCommerce, ZenCart or other ecommerce platform development
- Hadoop, MongoDB or other big data techs
- Build/deployment process management
- Social media API experience
- Data science/analytics background
- Open source contributions
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za