Senior PHP Developer
|Location||PHP Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Education||It Related degree or diploma|
|Experience||4-6 years' experiene|
Our client is looking for a strong developer with a lot of experience. The successful candidate will need to have an IT related degree (4 years’ experience) /diploma or certificate (6 years’ experience). The duties will include development, assisting in coding patterns and designs, creating and overseeing tasks and reviewing work done. An assertive person with good leadership qualities is required.
• IT related Diploma / Degree / Certificate.
• 4-6 years’ experience.
• Programming languages required PHP, experience in mobile technologies (PhoneGap and the like), advantageous Perl
• Web technologies (java scripting, jQuery, NoJS/AngularJS/etc). HTML5, web2.0 (ajax) and mobile application development.
• RESTful Principles and API development essential
• Database integration and knowledge a must have, MySQL knowledge essential
• SQL and relational databases knowledge, ability to write SQL queries, triggers and store procedures advantageous.
• Experience in CakePHP and bootstrap essential [Other PHP Frameworks will be considered, however they would then need to learn CakePHP]
• Good skills in research, analysis, design, project planning and implementation
• Flexibility to learn new languages where projects require it
• Knowledge of Linux advantageous.
• Bash scripting advantageous.
• Ability to establish and maintain a sense of discipline
• Ability to code W3C compliant, well-formed XHTML.
• Ability to code CSS for styling and pure div layouts.
• Ability to hand-code XHTML/CSS.
• Good understanding of cross browser compatibility and restrictions.
• Excellent concept design ability for web.
• Good analytical and business-analysis skills.
• Basic understanding of project-management disciplines
• Basic understanding of Business Change Lifecycle methodology.
• Working knowledge of programming languages, business modelling tools, UML and knowledge of SDLC
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Analytical and methodical skills with a high attention to detail.
• Takes a lot of pride in themselves and their work.
• Have a strong ethos of writing high quality applications.
• Pro-active and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed.
• Score highly on innovation and initiative.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and independently (relatively little supervision).
• Creative, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
• Be open to new ideas, methodologies and open to constructive criticism.
• Must be able to meet deadlines/commitments, good time management.
• Personal appearance to suit a corporate environment.
• A good positive attitude and demeanour, filled with energy and enthusiasm.
• The candidate will be required to interpret technical specifications (when supplied), develop, test and deliver according to spec and document and support there developments
• The candidate’s primary responsibility would be programming but will be required to do regular maintenance on software
• The role comprises approximately 70% back-end and 30% front-end application and web development, though this could vary depending on product.
• Must take responsibility for the developments, applications, systems, etc. within their projects.
• Apply themselves and continually add value to the various divisions and the department.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Kirstin on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za