Senior PHP Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Western Cape|
|Salary||R480k – R360k per annum|
|Experience||4 - 6 years|
Our highly creative yet sophisticated client is looking for an innovative Senior PHP Developer to be based in Cape Town.
They focus on building strong lasting relationships with their clients, and in pushing their creative and technical boundaries.
· 3+ years PHP development experience
· Strong development skills using PHP
· Understanding of xHTML strict and pure CSS
· Experience using Html5/CSS3
· Well versed in XML and XSL and comfortable using these as a template language.
· Good working knowledge of Apache web server
· Able to design own databases and work with SQL.
· Exposure to the full software life cycle
· Experience developing high performance, scalable, reliable web sites
· Use of revision control and bug tracking systems
· Proven experience meeting deadlines and delivering quality code
· Understands XSS and SQL injection attacks
· Worked with MySQL 5 databases
· Experience with modular coding
· Experience with database design / architecture
· Worked with Ruby/Ruby on Rails
· Worked with Linux
· Design patterns
· Test driven development (TDD). SimpleTest, PHPUnit.
· Has done unit testing and understands principles of Extreme programming
· Experience working on Linux WAMP and LAMP stacks and understand the possible pitfalls and nuances of each
· Able to set up own LAMP environment
· Understand the benefits of MyISAM vs InnoDB and acid compliance
· Has previously worked with Simple Test, Unit Test or J Meter for code unit testing
· Candidate must be able to interact and work with a dynamic and ambitious team
· Good communicator and team player
· Positive attitude
· Candidate has a strong ethos of writing high quality applications
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Can work with little supervision, pro-active and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment and meet agreed deadlines
· Must have a good understanding or user interfaces.
· Remuneration: Market related and based on experience
· Benefits: Flexi-time and medical aid
· Job level: Mid
· Education level: Diploma
· Own transport required: Yes
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za