Senior PHP Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R420K - R336K per annum|
|Experience||5+ years experience|
Our client, in Johannesburg, is looking to hire a Senior PHP Developer. You will be reporting to the Online Manager, but you must be able to work interdependently.
Your key performance areas will include:
• Oversee the technical aspects of building, maintaining and continuously improving the website and mobile site.
• Development and maintenance of content management system based on a Drupal platform.
• Initiate and manage development processes, methodologies and strategies.
• Build interactive web- and browser-based PHP applications.
• Custom PHP programming.
• On-going website maintenance and support.
• Together with online manager drive new concepts and ideas
• Give input and help design user registration, authentication and profiling systems
• Front-end theming of modules to be implemented into a Drupal CMS
• Use and modify Drupal modules to create new site features
• 5+ years or more development experience (writing, testing and debugging) & Diploma/Degree
• Solid PHP5 skills
• MySQL, Joomla!
• MVC frameworks a must – CakePHP, Zend, CodeIgniter
• Experience with popular CMSes, Drupal and Wordpress specifically
• Cross browser compatibility
• Experience with the entire lifecycle of websites
• Development of content management system features
• Mobile development including mobi sites and apps, would be an advantage
• Understanding of Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum (not absolutely essential)
• Good understanding of SEO principles
• Be able to work in a team and on your own without support
• Stickler for detail and quality
• Passionate and innovative
• Fast learner and fast worker
• Motivated and problem solver
• Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical people
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za