Senior PHP Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Paarl|
|Salary||R45k - R30k per month|
|Education||BSc (IT Related)|
|Experience||4 - 6 years|
We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to complement the existing development team, assisting with the on-going development of major e-commerce websites and internal systems.
Projects are challenging, fast moving and leading edge. These include front end and back end website features, web applications, standalone and integrated databases and external systems integration together with AJAX interface development and large scale migrations from legacy code bases.
Purpose of the Role:
Working in a LAMP development environment projects are challenging, fast moving and leading edge. These include front end and back end website features, web applications, standalone and integrated databases and external systems integration together with AJAX interface development.
* Develop, record and maintain web-based PHP applications utilizing standard development tools
* Write technical as well as non-technical scoping documents
* Maintain as well as edit current web sites/applications
* Use skills and experience to identify opportunities that will improve efficiencies
* Resolve identified issues related with PHP development - i.e. bug fixes
Strong OO PHP skills are essential, as is experience of designing and working with MySQL databases. You will have previous experience of working with e-commerce websites and an awareness of e-commerce security issues. You will need to be able to produce well-structured and documented code and any additional experience of CVS/SVN would be advantageous. A BS.c (IT Related) degree is a non-negotiable!
The successful candidate must be able to work well individually - planning, prioritising and managing their workload across multiple projects to ensure deadlines are met - and work well with (and make valuable contributions to) the team. Qualifications in related fields are advantageous.
Additional Desired Skills:
* Magento (CE / EE)
* Professional and organised at all times
* Open, honest and trustworthy
* Good written and verbal communication skills
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za