Senior Piping Engineer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Nigeria|
|Salary||$ - $|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering|
|Experience||8-10 years of related working experience|
An engineering company is looking for a Senior Piping Engineer for their petrochemical department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or related field
• 8-10 years of related working experience
• Professional Engineer registration with active membership in a professional society
• Be able to carry out some complex calculations with ability to use at least two (2) design/calculation software
• Proficient experience in the Offshore/Onshore orientated Oil and Gas environment
• Be able to select good piping route and develop piping and support layouts for a typical modification or greenfield works
• Sound knowledge of Piping drawing and office produced deliverables
• Application of knowledge to add value
• Sound to proficient knowledge of Equipment design, specification and procurement activities, Understanding and implementation of engineering and design process, Designs for constructability, commissioning, operations and maintenance, Cultural empathy, etc.
• Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status
• Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses
• Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance
• May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project
• Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project
• Assist superior to develop design specifications for mechanical equipment, (such as Pumps, Compressors, Vessels, Filter Separators, Mixers, Skid mounted equipment, etc. ) by using client's Standard/Master Specifications, Industry Codes and Best Practices
• Conversant with the use of design Codes and Standards API, ASME, ANSI and NFPA Codes and Standards
• Introduced to inter-discipline Squad check of design deliverables and managing discipline interfaces, including familiarity with the other disciplines deliverables
• Assist superior to prepare CTR (man-hour) estimates for proposals
• Must start developing special skills / Knowledge based areas in at least two (2) specific aspects oil and gas mechanical or piping design & engineering (e.g. stress analysis, fixed mechanical equipment design and specification, rotating equipment; piping modeling & layout; etc.)
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
We offer a competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to +27 (0) 86 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on +27 (0) 21 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za