Senior Windows Systems Engineer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Western Cape|
|Salary||R540K - R420K per annum|
|Education||IT Related Diploma/ Degree|
|Experience||3 to 5 years’ experience|
Our client in Cape Town is looking to employ a Senior Windows Systems Engineer to join their team. You will be reporting to the head of Engineering. You will be joining a Company that provides broadbank internet access and hosting solutions across South Africa to their customers. Their customers are also supported by their network which they control Nationally to Internationally and beyond.
• Extensive system administration experience
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in the list below
• IT Related Diploma/ Degree
• Windows 2003 / 2008
• SQL 2000 / 2003 / 2008 /2012
• MySQL 4 & 5
• Scripting (essential)
• Work experience coding in Windows based languages (ASP/ASP.NET/C#.)
• Virtualisation Experience
• Web Services (SOAP)
• PHP on Windows
• .NET Installation / troubleshooting
• Overall knowledge and understand of Website Hosting
• Solid understanding of the innards of the Internet (DNS / FTP / Mail / HTTP etc...)
• Work experience working with databases, SQL Server, Stored Procedures, etc...
• Thorough understanding of AD
• Hands On Knowledge of Microsoft Systems Technologies:
o Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2008R2, Hyper-V, Failover Clustering
• Active directory
• .NET installation/troubleshooting
• Development background - advantageous
• WSP Control Panel Experience – advantageous
• Helm Control Panel Experience – advantageous
• Plesk Control Panel Experience – advantageous
• System Centre technologies – advantageous
• SharePoint 2010
• Hardware firewalls
• Networking background – advantageous
• System Center 2008/2012
• SAN storage .
• Design and implementation of new systems and infrastructure
• POC (proof of concept) of new systems and technologies
• Ensure existing systems and infrastructure are kept up to date
• Provide assistance to NOC on escalations
• Review, develop and implementation of policy and procedures
• Project delivery and strategize initiatives
• Performing capacity analysis and forecasting
• Designing, documenting and implementing changes to environments
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za