Senior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R750k – R550k|
|Education||BSc / BTech in Quantity Surveying|
|Experience||Minimum 5 years relevant experience|
A leading PQS Firm is looking for a Senior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor, to be based in Johannesburg.
• BSc / BTech in Quantity Surveying
• Registration as PRQS or MRICS
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an infrastructure, mining or engineering environment
• Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
• Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan. This may be completed with the assistance of the Senior Quantity Surveyor
• Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, co-ordinating, compiling and managing the preliminaries and Bill of Quantities, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
• Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
• Conduct cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
• Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
• Inputting into value engineering, as applicable
• Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
• Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
• Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
• Ensuring that QA/QC procedures are adhered to at all times
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV, with project details, to email@example.com. You can also contact Corlia on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za