Software Developer (Java FX)
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R45K - R40K per month|
|Education||BSc / Diploma / Sun Certified|
The incumbent is responsible for the software development and maintenance for high transaction rate applications. The Software developer is able to independently design, develop, code, test and debug new software and to make significant enhancements to existing software using Java or other programming languages; to design and develop secure scalable and fault tolerant solutions across a disturbed architecture.
• Assist in the achievement of organisational goals through the development of software based solutions.
• Generate ideas to improve system design or streamline product delivery, thereby enhancing customer satisfaction, sales and profits.
• Analyse and interpret business requirements and technical specification documents and information to determine, plan and recommend new programs to meet organisiational objectives.
• Analyse, design, and coordinate the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems.
• Analyse system specifications and translate system requirements to task specification.
• Analyse current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
• Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
• Responsible for development of new programs, analysing current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
• Writes, edits, and debugs new programs for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output.
• Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate.
• Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made.
• Conduct database development on the Microsoft SQL Server platform.
• Conduct most development in Java as the primary development language.
• Perform coding in accordance with specifications and MSC Coding standards
• Perform testing of developed code to ensure that requirements are met and code is bug free
• Create, document and implement unit test plans, scripts, harnesses and test strategies
• Investigate, analyse and document reported defects
• Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
• Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
The incumbent displays the following competencies:
• Efficiency and the ability to self-manage timelines and schedules
• Ambassadorial approach to position
• Ability to work well within a team
• Commitment to quality
• Commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
• Ability to interpret written requirements and specifications
• Ability to take Initiative
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Ability to work within a Team
• Attention to detail
• Technical and software expertise
• Problem Solving ability
• Time Management
• Maintain knowledge of toolsets, techniques and technologies used
• Knowledge of client server development techniques
• Knowledge of database architecture, design and operation
• Ability to code software in accordance with published standards and best practise guidelines
Education & Qualification
• A+ Certificate
• A + Essential (Advantageous)
• N+ Certificate (Advantageous)
• SQL Certificate (Advantageous)
• Degree in Computer Science (Advantageous)
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za