|Location||C# Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Education||It Related degree or diploma|
Our client is looking for a Software development specialist working with the Support and Maintenance division, responsible for developing and designing solutions based on customer requirements. This role requires one to understand the client requirements clearly in order to deliver sustainable and robust solutions. In addition this role will require active participation in a collaborative manner with internal and external. This role requires the capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and translate them into relevant and robust solutions that will fit in with the longer term direction and strategy.
• Software development, design and maintenance.
• AD hoc software analysis and investigations
• Responsible for consulting with clients on business needs, to understand the business questions that users are trying to get answered, engaging with the customer to ensure that proactive solutions are delivered which are aligned to reducing Support and Maintenance enquires, incidents and solving business problems.
• Proactively engages with the defining of non-functional requirements including performance, security, ongoing data maintenance (house-keeping), audit controls, availability, back-ups, capacity current vs forecast, certification compliance, dependencies on integrated third party suppliers/solutions/partners, disaster recovery, efficiencies and system quality and support processes and procedures.
• Delivers high quality, well thought through robust solutions that are maintainable and sustainable.
• Interface with company and client to ensure successful delivery of correct solution.
• Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality, sets high standards for self and others.
• Provides a prompt, efficient and personalized service to clients, goes out of his/her way to ensure that customer needs are met.
• Resolution of delegated client queries. Where necessary escalates issues appropriately to management and project teams.
• Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of recommended/implemented solution (with advice/assistance from supervisor).
• Proactively identifies opportunities for system enhancements.
• Demonstrates detailed knowledge and expertise in relation to the job, readily absorbs new technical information and keeps up to date in specialist areas
• Full understanding and sound knowledge of the current and latest technologies.
• To ensure that the technical requirements are in line with standards.
• Stays abreast with industry trends
• Plans, organises and prioritises work in order to achieve one’s objectives
• Create action plans when required, for problem resolution and solution amendment gaining acceptance from relevant parties and commitment to execute.
• Management of own time and tasks to ensure completion of work projects on time.
• Monitoring of own work/tasks completion time. Demonstrates a high level of integrity and maturity to work on multiple projects and tasks and delivers consistently on time.
• Project management of small projects, under supervision. Active participation in large projects.
• Breaks problem in to its parts, makes use of logic and draws sound inferences from information available. Willing to make firm and speedy decisions and commit to definite courses of action, on the basis of limited information if necessary.
• Produces written communications which are clear, fluent, concise and readily understood by intended recipients.
• Communicates in a manner which is clear, fluent, and to the point, and which holds the audience’s attention, both in groups and one-on-one situations. Takes a proactive approach to cross-functional communication
• Diploma/Degree in IT related discipline advantageous
• 3 - 5 (+) years Software Development experience in C#
• Experience in Angular and Bootstrap essential
• Proficient with SQL (Ansi-SQL and T-SQL) at least 3 years’ experience and basic query optimisation. Knowledge of database architecture and design
• Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 and Windows Server.
• MS Office skills essential
• Experienced in managing large volumes of data from different sources (internal and external)
• Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
• Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
• A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
• Experience in the below would be advantageous:
• NHibernate, JSON, NancyFx
• GIT, Jenkins, MongoDB
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Kirstin on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za