|Location||C# Jobs in Gauteng|
|Salary||R45k per month|
|Experience||2 - 4 years|
The Software Developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
• Research and document requirements of program users.
• Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
• Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software testers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Participate in code reviews
• Seek training and developmental activities related to the industry
• Uphold and may assist with the development of standards, processes and procedures for the department.
• Establishes and fosters relationships within the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or4 years equivalent work experience
• Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including Java, .Net, ASP, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic,
XML/XSLT, Crystal Reports.
• Extensive database and operating systems experience with Oracle, Linux, Microsoft Windows.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend basic/complex instructions given from written and oral sources.
• Ability to write basic/complex correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, employees, the public.
• Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English fluently.
• Ability to understand basic mathematical relationships and formulas.
• Ability to understand and employ basic/complex accounting mathematics.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Ability to use common sense techniques in solving problems and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to solve complex logical problems.
• Ability to use diplomacy and tact when dealing with problems.
• Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for their resolution.
• Ability to critically evaluate information for accuracy and usefulness in solving problems.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a variety of situations.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Basic/expert level of knowledge of word processing software and presentation software.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Technically proficient.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za