|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R50K - R40K|
|Education||BSc / Diploma / Sun Certified|
|Experience||2 - 3 yrs|
• Test-drives awesome code, working closely with other Agile team members.
• Gets things done. Takes ownership of tasks when others do not. Helps drive the completion of all kinds of work tasks.
• Helps break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work.
• Builds a strong team using their collaboration skills.
• Promotes improvements in version control, continuous integration, project build, and project automation.
• Pair programs with different people in many situations.
• Performs root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes.
• Provides direction and shares knowledge with team members in areas of expertise
• Continuously learns, and is unafraid to learn new practices, processes, technologies, and languages.
• Continuously acts to enhance knowledge of new technologies, business processes, and project management skills, staying abreast of trends, latest industry developments and knowledge sharing among colleagues
• Provides development and support for portions of one or more applications which may span multiple product or platform development teams
• Commits to completing well-defined work, and delivers on those commitments.
• Participates in weekly iteration demos for product managers
• Reports status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
• Consistently follows software development methodology
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
• Experience and desire to work in an Agile development environment
• Strong familiarity with a object-oriented and enterprise design patterns
• Thorough understanding of and experience in object oriented design and programming
• Familiarity with wide portfolio of software development applications, environments and languages
• Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Subversion, or CVS
• Knowledge of XML parsing, and DOM traversal.
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills required
• Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
• Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
• Must be sensitive to cultural differences in interactions and in the way work is done
• Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
• May require up to 10% travel, including international travel
• Advanced degree preferred
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, including XP methods such as Test Driven Development and pair programming
• Experience with a variety of Database Systems, such as LDAP, Oracle, Sybase, MongoDB, NoSQL
• Knowledge of search engine development, particularly with Lucene as a component
• Understanding of Web Standards, Accessibility, and command of Semantic markup (XHTML, HTML5)
• Passion for working in the academic, professional or library markets, and experience with technologies within those markets such as LMS, eReaders, OPAC, OpenURL, Z39.50, and SRU/SRW
• Experience developing for mobile devices
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za