|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R45K - R35K per month|
|Education||IT Related Degree/ Diploma|
The specification product selection and design of infrastructure components to implement a systems architecture.
• Provide infrastructure components that are used by all the domains within the architecture
• Provide a generalist view of technologies, both current and cutting edge
• Deliver enterprise standards, assist with architecture specifications, development and integration
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
• Define the principles that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
• Assist with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring Technology Architecture compliance.
• Consult on application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to the technical architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
• Document necessary technical architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project post mortem documentation and metric collection.
This role is focussed in the Self Service Channel (ATMs) environment.
The systems architect establishes the basic structure of the system, defining the essential core design features and elements that provide the framework for all that follows.
The systems architect provides the architects view of the users' vision for what the system needs to be and do, and the paths along which it must be able to evolve, and strives to maintain the integrity of that vision as it evolves during detailed design and implementation.
Responsible for inter alia:
• Hardware Architecture;
• Integration architecture between the Software (Functional) and Hardware architectures;
• Systems monitoring and management architectures;
• Security architecture;
• Governance adherence and Risk mitigation in preparing architecture models;
• Overall design - the blueprints which provide the map of the systems.
• Integration constraints - rules and constraints for all components going into the solution
• Adherence to standards whenever possible - to maximize the future investment value and minimizing costs
• Represent business unit in formal architecture forums;
• Overall vetting and Presentation of architecture models as and when required;
• Customization for individual customer needs - understanding and recommending the best customization based upon the customer's needs (which include anticipation of their needs and explaining it in layman terms).
• Generating the highest level of system requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule.
• Ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
• Performing cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components.
• Developing partitioning algorithms (and other processes) to allocate all present and foreseeable requirements into discrete partitions such that a minimum of communications is needed among partitions, and between the user and the system.
• Partitioning large systems into (successive layers of) subsystems and components each of which can be handled by a single engineer or team of engineers or subordinate architect.
• Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects, so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and user needs and constraints.
• Ensuring that a maximally robust design is developed.
• Generating a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user, which determine that all of the high level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
• Generating products such as sketches, models, an early user guide, and prototypes to keep the user and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
• Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za