|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Umhlanga|
|Salary||R30K - R20K|
|Education||IT related qualification|
Our client is seeking Systems Tester’s for our Head Office in Durban.
• A B.Sc Computer Science, a B.Comm Business Information Systems (BIS) Degree, or a relevant Technikon Diploma.
• Ability to write C# code.
• Strong SQL skills.
• Previous testing experience.
• Previous test automation experience.
• The candidate will join the testing team within the IT software development section.
• This position holds the responsibility of testing system changes, enhancements and new system releases undertaken in IT for the business.
• The testers are required to obtain an understanding of the business requirements and specifications for the section of work or project to be tested.
• The tester works as a member of our SCRUM team along with developers and BAs
• The tester creates test packs and develops testing procedures to be followed during the testing process undertaken.
• During the testing process the tester will log their findings in the IT issue tracking system and respond to tasks assigned to them in the same system.
• The testers take responsibility for the testing performed and need to ensure that all aspects of the systems are sufficiently tested prior to a rollout to production.
• Testers are responsible, along with the development team, for developing, updating, and expanding our automated test suites.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Be meticulous in their work, placing a priority on accuracy
• Be logical and orderly in their approach to their work
• A willingness to learn
• Strong attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure
• Should be an enquiring/skeptical/curious person who will naturally investigate problems until a solution is found
• Good time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects
• Perseverance is important; the ability to continue to investigate new aspects to a problem and not get disheartened if a solution cannot immediately be solved
• Problem identification and problem solving abilities
• Adaptability, coupled with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts
• Demonstration of initiative
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Development skills in terms of automated test creation
• Experience of the design and creation of automated test suites
• Knowledge of and experience in testing and working with workflow systems and processes
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not receive a response within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za