|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town|
|Education||ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation level|
Our client is seeking a self-motivated Test Analyst. This position requires a strategic thinker; a problem solver who is a self-starter and self-motivated; well organized, flexible, and effective with multiple simultaneous tasks. The Test Engineer will be primarily responsible for creating and test scenarios and identifying/reporting defects in defect tracking tools. This individual will be a pivotal member of an Agile Scrum team working closely with developers and testing team to drive a successful testing strategy. This individual should be passionate about quality and test manual or automation.
Your duties as a Test Analyst would include:
• Responsible for overseeing automated/manual testing performed testers in the mobile app and responsive development team
• Determine if requirements are clear, concise, testable and meet customer expectations
• Interpret requirements to develop positive and negative test scenarios using manual and automation tools
• Deliver working, tested, and releasable software in each sprint
• Good knowledge on testing Responsive design websites
• Provide accurate estimates for test design and execution work
• Identify, analyse, and troubleshoot problems
• Adhere to team priorities and work well in an integrated developer/tester environment
• 4 years’ strong background experience in manual and automation testing.
• Experience on writing test documentation like Test Approach, Test plan and Test cases depending upon project expectation
• Strong understanding of the software development life cycle methodologies (SDLC) - Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, etc. - Key word driven testing, Performance, Regression and E2E testing.
• Familiar with any defect or bug tracking tool Jira or Bugzilla etc.
• Experience testing mobile applications and desktop application with various tools and techniques, ensuring compatibility, functionality, security and performance
• Experience in hands on latest devices that are in market
• Experience in testing responsive website in different browsers, tablets, handsets and phablets
• Manage and operate a QA environment including builds and deployment.
• Work as part of an effective self-organizing, cross-functional and disciplined team to achieve repeatable success. Recognise that team success is more important than individual success.
• Good knowledge on Web application testing and mobile testing.
• Working closely with QA team, Development team and Management team to ensure the applications are tested to the defined level of acceptance.
• Experience using open source web automation tools and frameworks – Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG.
• Experience with Mobile automation tool - Calabash with Jenkins and cucumber
• A problem solving approach to the testing process
• TDD and BDD experience in Agile methodology with Continuous Integration tools including Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Selenium, Calabash etc
• Experience source control systems like GIT etc
• Proficiency with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools (Jenkins, Janky, Team City or Hudson)
• Flexible working - we strongly believe in work/life balance
• Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
• Ability to influence and motivate others team members
• Highlight requirement and design gaps as early in lifecycle as possible
• Energetic and excited to join a fun, rapidly growing business
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Kirstin on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za