Turbine Outage Specialist
|Location||Engineering Jobs in Gauteng|
|Salary||R1mil - R850k|
A large engineering consultancy and project services company is looking to employ the services of a Turbine Outage Specialist in the Johannesburg Offices
The successful candidate will perform support to our Client’s fleet of operating power plants including but not limited to coal fired power plants, open cycle gas turbines, hydro power plants during the pre-outage phase, execution phase and post outage lessons learnt. This will include assisting our Client in identifying opportunities to optimize their turbine outage program, reduce planned turbine generator outage durations, reduce turbine generator maintenance costs, increase turbine operating reliability, and reduce turbine generator outage risks.
We are looking for a steam turbine/generator specialist with heavy experience in steam turbine power plant outages.
• A Mechanical Engineering qualification
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in managing steam turbine maintenance and overhauls during outages
• Knowledge of power plant steam turbine operation, maintenance and outages
• Knowledge sufficient to review detailed steam turbine outage schedules and identify opportunities to reduce outage durations
• Knowledge of “Industry Best Practices” for conducting of steam turbine outages and repair of turbine centerline components
• Significant turbine repair knowledge
• Must have proven project management skills
• Working knowledge of industry standards/codes
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project. Able to understand schedules in Primavera P6. Experience using Primavera P6 is a plus.
• Self-motivated, results-driven team player. Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize work to achieve them.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to Roxanne on firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 021 555 0432
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za