|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Durban, CBD|
|Salary||R750k – R700k|
|Education||BSc Eng / B Eng|
|Experience||5 - 10 years|
A leading Consulting Engineering firm is looking for a Water Engineer, to be based in Durban.
• BSc Eng / B Eng
• Pr Eng Full Registration
• 5 - 10 years experienced within the water industry
• Develop proficiency in relevant CAD packages
• Carry out and file regular hand checks on the output of CAD packages
• Produce preliminary designs to the required level of accuracy and develop different options for discussion with cliets/project manager.
• Carry out detailed designs strictly in accordance with the relevant codes and specifications. Take responsibility for accuracy and get checked and signed off at required level.
• When required, carry out research into technically challenging aspects of the project or consult in-house subject matter experts for advice.
• Delegate aspects of the work to more junior engineers/ technicians. Take responsibility for briefing them properly and checking their work.
• Accurately brief draughtspeople on drawing requirements and check all drawings produced for technical correctness and accuracy
• Produce accurate, concise, technically correct reports on the aspect of the work assigned to them. ensure that the reports are grammatically corrected and free of typing/ spelling errors before submitting to superior for checking/ approval.
• Produce project specifications based on the applicable standard specifications. Take responsibility for ensuring technical correctness and accuracy.
• Interface with other engineering disciplines and support functions of Hatch Goba engagement on the same project.
Developing Self and Others:
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and technicians working for you.
• Through proper exploration of engineering principles and concepts, effectively brief draughtspeople and junior engineering staff.
• Assist others in achieving professional registration by continued participation in the mentorship scheme and the spontaneous mentoring of others.
• Achieve continued Professional Development through regular attendance at industry seminars and workshops.
• Take post-graduate courses in line with own and company development requirements.
• Participate in Industry committees and institutions at junior level.
Tendering/ Marketing Activities;
• Develop personal relationships with, and professional respect of, the Clients you are dealing with (both internal and external)
• Submit article/ papers for publication if possible
• Attend Hatch Goba sponsored and industy functions and effective "network" on behalf of Hatch Goba.
• Assist in drawing up tenders and/or writing proposals for submission to clients.
• Align "self and personal" effort to the Hatch Goba Mission/ Vision/ Shared values and Strategic Imperatives.
Project Management :
• Assign work, check and manage work allocated to junior engineers, technicians or draughtspeople under his/ her control
• Co-ordinate and take responsibility for all aspectsof a small project or a portion of a larger project,
• Programme and ensure that deadlines are met on the project or portions of the project for which he/she is responsible'
• Ensure that all designs, reports and drawings produced by him/ her and the team are checked and signed off at the required level.
• Compile accurate project cost estimates and cash flow projections. Carry out cost/benefit analyses.
• Ensure that all drawings are signed and issued to site timeously.
• Effectively deal with queries from site staff, enlisting the help of supervisors where required.
• Chair design meetings and site meetings, as applicable.
• Take notes and produce minutes of meetings. Distribute minutes no later than one week after the meeting.
• Draft project related lettersfor signature by the relevant Project Manager.
• Receive and check contractor's payment certificates. Once verified correct, arrange for signature b the relevant project manager/ project director and submit to client timeously.
• Ensure that all aspects of the project under his/her control is handling strictly in accordance with the Hatch Goba OPS.
• Make effective use of support staff where applicable.
• Maintain personal professional registration on an ongoing basis.
• Start developing a field of technical specialisation through post graduate study, targeted course attendance and focused in-service training.
• Carries out all his/her tasks and duties in a thoroughly professional and effecient manner.
• Is self-motivated and effectively manages own time.
• Submits all timesheets, leave applications, mileage claims etc, accurately and timeously.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV, with project details, to email@example.com. You can also contact Laura, Corlia or Heather on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za