|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R300K – R180K per annum|
|Education||ISEB Certified - preferred|
|Experience||2 - 4 years|
Our client is looking for a Whitebox Tester to be based in Gauteng. They utilise PHP Web Front ends for its line of business systems. The core back end system is Oracle based and is manipulated from the front end by accessing Oracle packages created by a team of specialist Oracle developers.
The nature of the development work is not typical PHP website development. It requires a developer with a broader skill set or at least the willingness to learn new skills.
This tester will be key to the establishment of a testing competency with in their company with the necessary support of the Head of Development and Architect.
The development team utilises Scrum to manage their work and experience in testing as part of an agile team will be valuable.
• A reputable IT qualification
Preference will be given to ISEB Certified individuals
Individual must have software testing knowledge including:
• Unit Testing
• Functional Testing
• User Acceptance Testing
• Exposure to automated test tools
The tester will be need technical skills to:
• Create and reset testing data, using SQL.
• Review the results of a test case in the database, using SQL.
• Support developers with automated unit testing, PHP and a Unit test tool.
Preference will be given to candidates that:
• Understands the PHP Zend Framework and JQuery.
• Has worked as a member of a Scrum Team and can guide a team with:
o test-driven development
o acceptance test-driven development
• Automated Test Harnesses
• Experience in financial services industry
• Curiosity and an interest in the business that is serviced by the development team
• Take pride in your work
• Maturity in terms of communication style
• Attention to detail
• Willing to learn from other team members and value feedback
• Must have own transport
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za